Lower Ground Floor Retail - Piccadilly
Salary: Competitive and Benefits
Fortnum & Mason are now looking for a Butcher with a passion for fresh food and luxury retail. Our Butcher will join the excellent team behind the meat counter on our famous Lower Ground Floor in our Flagship Piccadilly store, reporting to our Head Butcher. This is a seasonal role due to end at Christmas, with an opporutnity to potentially stay with us!
Our ideal candidate will possess prior experience working with fresh and raw foods, ideally within a butchery environment. In addition to this, our candidate will show an interest in meat preparation and cooking, quality and production control, as well as best storing methods. They will possess first class customer service skills, and will be a true ambassador for our business.
Our ideal Butcher will:
• demonstrate butchery techniques, product knowledge and customer service skills
• follow strict Health & Safety and Food Hygiene procedures
• use initiative to propose improvements, and resolve unexpected issues
• set standards for service levels, punctuality, reliability and appearance
• understand and use till and stock control systems competently, training others where necessary.
• A competitive salary
• A generous store and restaurant discount of up to 40%
• 28 days holidays pro rata (inc. bank holidays) and an extra day off for your birthday
• A fantastic subsidised staff restaurant which uses Fortnum’s ingredients
• A range of opportunities to develop and grow personally and professionally
• Excellent pension scheme