The Gallery - BOH - Piccadilly
Salary: Competitive and Benefits
Salary – Competitive (including tronc) + Annual Bonus upto 10%
Schedule - Full Time, Permanent
Experience – 1+ years in quality restaurant working with local produce
FIELD by Fortnums is looking for a Head Chef to join their team. The successful candidate will be friendly, personable, and passionate about all thing's food and drink and especially Provenance and Sustainability.
Fortnum’s philosophy has always been that good cooking starts with the best possible ingredients. Our new FIELD concept will work with food suppliers that farm and grow in a way that doesn’t just sustain the environment, but repairs and improves resources, ecosystems and communities. FIELD will champion biodiversity, soil health, water quality and carbon removal, and will celebrate locality, with simple, but powerfully delicious food, working with only the most conscientious suppliers
As Head Chef, you will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of consistent, high quality and innovative dishes and specials using sustainable ingredients and produce – elevating yet simplifying cooking; you will play a key role in menu development, working closely with the Executive Team. You will manage the kitchen operation, including prep schedules, stock control, budgeting and maintenance, as well as the day-to-day management of the kitchen team. You will also be involved in regular supplier visits.
If you have the following, then we want to hear from you:
• Previous experience as a Head Chef or Senior Sous Chef in a high quality Restaurant
• Strong awareness and interest of sustainability, trends and seasonality of produce
• A highly creative approach to your work with excellent attention to detail
• Proven ability to manage, train and motivate a Kitchen brigade
• Experience in managing staff costs, scheduling and reviewing staff rotas
• Strengths in finances, purchasing and menu costing
• A working knowledge of health and safety, compliance and procedures.
This is a very exciting opportunity not to be missed for a talented Head Chef/Senior Sous Chef eager to join an exciting restaurant concept with ethics at its heart.
• A generous store and restaurant discount of up to 40% for you and your loved ones
• 28 days holidays pro rata (inc. bank holidays) and an extra day off for your birthday and 5 extra well-being days to help you relax
• Closed on Christmas and Easter Bank Holidays
• A range of opportunities to develop and grow personally and professionally, including WSET, Apprenticehsips, Management Training and more!
• A supportive, people-focussed culture
• Free meals on duty, using Fortnum’s quality ingredients
• Employee referral bonus
• Long Service awards
• Annual staff parties