Logistics Manager - Trade Compliance, International & Wholesale
Logistics - Piccadilly
Salary: Competitive and Benefits
Our Head Office department is located in the heart of Piccadilly and occupies the 5th & 6th floor of our beautiful flagship store. This central London location, offers so much to explore including restaurants, bars, cultural sites, shopping and more, and only a short walk from the Green Park Tube Station and plenty of bus stops.
This role is accountable for maintaining and ensuring compliance to all UK and International regulations governing the shipment, receipt and documentation of imported/exported products and for the Operational Management of the International and Wholesale shipping Operations. As a core member of the logistics team this role will work hand in hand with the remainder of the logistics team, our Logistics partners and the wider Supply Chain Team and business in the delivery of On Time in Full High-Quality Service.
- Ensuring compliance to International Trade Regulations across all areas of the Business.
- Delivery of cost performance in line with budget in relation to the International and Wholesale Supply Chain Operations.
- Delivery of service and operational performance in line with KPI’s.
- Delivery of Service Improvement and Cost Efficiencies through Continuous Improvement.
- Delivery of End to End Luxury Quality through best in class operations and compliance.
- To ensure compliance with ALL customs formalities to facilitate the smooth flow of goods into and out of the UK, ensuring correct tariff application and payment of duties.
- To understand and ensure compliance with all relevant UK Export/Import Legislation.
- To establish the requirements for relevant licences, documentation and registrations for the Export/Import of product (Inc. Specialist product). To apply for and maintain such licences and registrations.
- To support the smooth flow of Export / Import shipments, by ensuring Customs compliance through liaison with Customs, Couriers, Freight Forwarders, Cargo handlers and Brokerage.
- To research and resolve customer or supplier trade compliance issues.
- To ensure Exports/Imports do not take place without the necessary licences, formalities and paperwork required.
- To provide technical advice on Customs topics such as classification, origin, valuation, and the use of Special Procedures.
- To assist in developing processes and controls to ensure trade compliance is maintained throughout the business.
- To provide advice across all areas of the business as required on Export/Import requirements.
- To monitor and interpret local / international trade regulations and perform continuous risk analysis and assessment of Export / Import activities and processes.
- To work with internal business teams and external service providers to identify and drive process improvements.
- To provide guidance, expertise and training on all Export / Import compliance matters.
- To maintain accurate auditable records of all Export/Import activities.
- To lead and manage trade compliance reviews and audits.
- To contract manage the International and Wholesale supply chain operations, ensuring delivery against cost and service KPI’s.
- To identify and deliver continuous Improvement Initiatives that drive ongoing improvement in compliance management, service, cost and availability.
- Supporting future initiatives/proposition development to ensure compliance is at the front of mindsets and mitigate any challenges as solutions are implemented.
We expect the successful candidate to have the following skills and experience:
- A solid understanding and knowledge of Customs and International trade laws and Export regulations.
- Relevant Trade and Customs experience from a compliance or advisory role and experience of working with Customs Brokers and Freight forwarders.
- Proven experience of applying Trade & Customs regulations across channels of operation from online B2C through to wholesale B2B.
- Strong industry & regulatory network and understanding to ensure an up to date and forward looking regulatory/compliance position can be maintained.
- Project management skills – the ability to plan and prioritise work, especially large-scale projects
- Good communication skills (written and oral) and strong presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross-functional audiences
- Ability to build relationships both internally and externally
- Team player with ability to work effectively in a culturally diversified environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and a commercial approach to resolving issues and providing advice
In return we offer the following fabulous benefits:
- A competitive salary
- A generous store and restaurant discount of up to 40%
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and an extra day off for your birthday
- A fantastic subsidised staff restaurant which uses Fortnum’s ingredients
- Excellent pension scheme
At Fortnum & Mason we've been innovating for more than 300 years and as part of our mission to deliver a sense of pleasure for the centuries to come. We have grown to be a digitally focused and multi-channel company with the excitement of expanding our family to include those willing to grow with us.
Those who can consistently demonstrate individual initiative within a collaborative team framework, thrive at Fortnum & Mason. If this sounds like you, and you’re ready for the next step in your career, we welcome your application!