Senior Manager/Head of Online Trading
Online Marketing - Piccadilly
Salary: Competitive and Benefits
Our Head Office department is located in the heart of Piccadilly and occupies the 5th & 6th floor of our beautiful flagship store. This central London location, offers so much to explore including restaurants, bars, cultural sites, shopping and more, and only a short walk from the Green Park Tube Station and plenty of bus stops.
To maximise the revenue and profitability potential of the online shopping experience and to be responsible for sales and margin performance across all categories as well as the performance analysis, optimisation & forecasting of sales.
The role holder will interact with multiple parties across the company including Fortnum’s Executive and Management Group members, and other business leaders. The role holder will liaise regularly with the central functions and businesses, such as Buying & Merchandising, Commercial Finance, Digital and Offline Marketing and Digital Transformation team. Also responsible for the management of Web Analytics, Photography, Online content optimisation and Search and Merchandising agencies/suppliers.
- Overall responsibility for the success and delivery of online sales; including forecasting category mix, profit and revenue targets
- Working with the B&M teams and Commercial Finance to constantly evaluate and deliver the optimum online range
- Trading insight, governance & idea generation to drive performance across all KPIs, using a variety of data, communicating findings in a clear and timely manner, with the ability to adapt comms appropriately for a variety of audiences.
- Creating effective trading performance structure, including meetings, insight packs, working collaboratively across all key departments to capture customer and market insight and feedback, ensuring that the week to week performance movements are incorporated into the forecast and remedial actions taken where appropriate
- Use data to develop insights into online customer behaviour and using this data, identify and deliver the opportunities for improvement in UX.
- Inspire and engage our customers through the delivery of the brand experience across our website and all communications, working closely with key stakeholders to deliver the brand personality and objectives; creating inspiring content, including homepage content, content through the frictionless customer journey; developing strategies to use the brand experience to drive engagement and loyalty.
- Led by the Director of Online and working with peers within the Online team (Head of Digital Marketing, Senior Digital Product Owner and Online Operations manager) to create and deliver annual Commercial and longer term strategic plans. Collaboratively working together to deliver core KPIs to drive online growth via by delivering core KPIs for traffic, conversion and AOV and prioritisation of the digital development roadmap to aid onsite experience and CRO.
- Working with the digital marketing teams; jointly create an SEO strategy to plan ahead for Peak periods and ensure all website URLs are retired or redirected to ensure maximum efficiency for natural search
- Responsible for overseeing all product photography briefs and ensuring there is no overspend to budget and that savings are made where appropriate
- Leading and supporting the online trading, content team and photography agency to ensure that products are on-site on time, described in line with the brand tone of voice, optimised for SEO and merchandised in accordance with the trading calendar and promotional plan
- Working closely with the Creative and content teams in Campaign and seasonal planning to ensure a cohesive approach to art direction for lifestyle shoots. To ensure all website assets are delivered in a coherent and cohesive style that ensures a seamless customer experience in a similar look and feel to other marketing collateral; digital assets (eg. Social and affiliate content) and Offline collateral (eg. Instore POS and ATL media).
- Manage the web and content analysis agencies and tools to gain a deep understanding of on-site behaviour (not limited to the online store) and use this insight to improve on-site conversion, user engagement and brand experience.
- Responsible for all aspects of on-site merchandising including landing pages, product recommendations, cross sell opportunities, A/B & MVT testing and defining test scenarios
- Refine and optimise merchandising activity by working with the Web Analytics agency to analyse traffic and sales data to improve overall effectiveness across categories
- Identify usability/functional website enhancements to continually improve AOV and on-site conversion
- Trouble-shoot and resolve any operational issues related to content or inventory management
We expect the successful candidate to have the following skills and experience:
- Business Degree or Ecommerce/Digital Related Degree, or equivalent
- Significant management experience in an e-commerce trading or e-commerce management role with a proven track record of delivering growth
- Experienced in fast paced work environments, utilising large & complex data, delivering quick decision making that is commercial and results driven
- Experienced in effective management of budgets and costs
- Highly numerate, with experience in forecasting and category management
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Attention to detail
- Strong competitor awareness
- Excellent working knowledge of Google Analytics and of other on-site analytics tools
- Strong understanding of SEO content and core digital marketing channels
- Good use and knowledge of ecommerce platforms
- Good use and knowledge of ecommerce content management systems
- Experience of working with Product Managers and Analysts to optimise online conversion
- Intermediate Excel and PowerPoint Skills
- A self-starter with the ability to identify trends, issues and challenges, tackle issues head on taking all opportunities to improve performance
- Strong collaboration skills, making informed and timely decisions
In return we offer the following fabulous benefits:
- A competitive salary
- Annual discretionary bonus
- A generous store and restaurant discount of up to 40%
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and an extra day off for your birthday
- A fantastic subsidised staff restaurant which uses Fortnum’s ingredients
- Excellent pension scheme
- Two Hour wellbeing break every Wednesday