New Business Development Manager - Wines
Client Services - Piccadilly
Salary: Competitive and Benefits
Our Head Office department is located in the heart of Piccadilly and occupies the 5th & 6th floor of our beautiful flagship store. This central London location, offers so much to explore including restaurants, bars, cultural sites, shopping and more, and only a short walk from the Green Park Tube Station and plenty of bus stops.
Fortnum & Mason are looking for a New Business Development Manager - Wines to join our growing team! This is a sales and strategic focused role, aiming to deliver growth in new business focusing on corporate and high net worth clients within our Wines and Spirits division, delivering incremental sales growth area various channels within the company.
The role holder will interact with multiple parties across the company including Fortnum’s Management Group, and other business leaders. You will have deep understanding and passion for the Wines business, are a strong communicator and able to make key decisions for optimal strategic and financial growth. In addition to supplying essential reporting the role holder will liaise regularly with the central functions and businesses, such as Commercial Finance, Marketing, Hospitality and Retail and our leadership team in Asia Pacific.
• Develop a strategic sales growth plan that aligns with the company’s goals
• Building new client portfolios within the Wines segment
• Key driver in generating new Wines business within the division
• Responsible for retaining and growing existing clients, identifying new commercial opportunities and delivering excellent customer service
• Generate sales across multiple channels
• Develop strong working relationships both with internal and external stakeholders to be able to influence key commercial decision.
• Responsible for delivery and execution of Wines related events.
• Seek ongoing feedback from line managers, peers and team.
• Execute market research to inform decision making
• Take ownership of trade reporting.
• Update your management team on business performance, new initiatives and other pertinent issues
• Ensure adherence to company policies, controls and standards
• Maintaining awareness of market trends in the retail industry, understanding forthcoming customer initiatives and monitoring what competitors are doing
• Develop and work closely with direct report, Wines specialist, to maximize opportunities and develop individual
• Working cross function, will identify opportunities within the Wines segment and create plans to capitalise and expand these opportunities
Key Performance Indicators:
• Continually delivering new business and sales performance
• Monitor and evaluate the success of new business events
• Participate in team engagement
• Seek ongoing feedback from line manager, peers and team
• Demonstrates F&M values at all times
• Lead and inspire to deliver the business goals on a daily basis
• Build professional lasting relationships at all levels
• Collaborate flexibly as part of a team
• Effectively build rapport in order to get the best solution and deliver results
• Confidently use a range of approaches to influence and inspire commitment to the business
• Actively seek opportunities to raise profile and communicate with directors
• Choose the best method of communication when escalating issues or requesting support
• Consistently influence peers and build upward relationships across the business
• Liaise with buyers and merchandisers for stock
• Liaise with logistics and warehouse for delivery at events
• Liaise with hospitality for menu creations and experience management
• Liaise with food safety & technologist for documentation and sustainability guidance
• Liaise with marketing for event collateral
• Create and deliver an extraordinary customer experience, meeting KPI’s set by manager
• Act as a role model at all times with the customer experience at the top of the agenda
• Manage Customer Complaints and customer feedback and take action accordingly
• Demonstrate a commercial mind set & outlook to stay responsive to customer needs
• Improve performance by using knowledge of customers product
• Constantly looking at ways which we can develop a long lasting relationship with our customers and exceed their expectations.
• Develop awareness of global and local issues and share to drive continuous improvements and commercial growth
• Be accountable for delivering results and give full consideration to short and medium term opportunities
• Review trends in analysis of ESP results with manager
• Recognise success & investigate poor results
• Know & understand department strengths & customer profiles
• Review trends in monthly productivity reports & results from incentives & take necessary action
• Collate & discuss trade reports with manager to identify risks & opportunities alongside actions.
• Demonstrate an authentic and passionate understanding of brand product and the competition
We expect the successful candidate to have the following skills and experience:
• Excellent Microsoft office skills
• WSET skill level 2/3
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in a Sales / Business Development role within Wine & Spirits
• Demonstrate excellent communication skills in a confident and friendly manner
• Be really resilient and be able to manage up
• An extensive understanding of premium Wine & Spirits
• Excellent diary management ensuring Managers attend meetings on time
• Robust experience of the CRM systems and processes and reporting mechanisms to enable a function that is growing and maturing at speed
• Digitally savvy
• An ability to challenge, build credibility with a wide range of audiences and work with integrity/confidentiality at all times
• Ability to build and nurture relationships with clients as well as across all areas of the business
• Ability to think quickly and rationally to ever-changing situations.
• Demonstrate the desire and curiosity to become an expert within your role and the wider business.
• Conveys a positive outlook and approach, even in stressful situations.
• Demonstrate high levels of planning, organising and time management to drive the operational execution across the department
In return we offer the following fabulous benefits;
• A competitive salary
• A generous store and restaurant discount of up to 40%
• 25 days holidays plus bank holidays and an extra day off for your birthday
• A fantastic subsidised staff restaurant which uses Fortnum’s ingredients
• A range of opportunities to develop and grow personally and professionally
• Excellent pension scheme