Email Marketing Executive
Online Marketing - Piccadilly
Salary: Competitive and Benefits
Located in the heart of Piccadilly in our beautiful flagship store. This central London location, offers so much to explore including restaurants, bars, cultural sites, shopping and more, and only a short walk from the Green Park Tube Station and plenty of bus stops.
Fortnum & Mason is home to joy-giving things, and we truly believe in delivering a sense of pleasure to our customers, each and every time they step into one of our stores or visit our website.
We have an opportunity for an Email Marketing Executive to join our digital marketing team, in order to effectively deliver the email-marketing calendar.
Reporting to the Email Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for creating and setting up the testing and analysis of all marketing emails, as well as maximising revenue opportunities from the company’s customer database. You will have direct influence on the email-marketing calendar and development of the email channel. In addition, the role will play a key part in the strategy and implementation of our marketing automation processes – triggers and lifecycle emails.
This role requires a proactive, deadline driven, multi tasker, with a creative mind and a can do attitude. Excellent attention to detail and an ability to work in a fast paced environment, as well as a flexible approach to work, are essential for success in this role.
- Daily management of the design, build and send of effective customer facing email communications as well as creating and proof reading content
- Analysing email performance, customer engagement levels and conversion rates
- Managing trigger email campaigns throughout the customer lifecycle to maximise sales
- Ensure all email campaigns comply with current email best practice in the industry
- Work closely with the key stakeholders to create campaigns to increase sales, drive recruitment and retention
- Supporting the Email Marketing Manager in delivering the strategy for the channel
- Understanding of the analysis of email marketing campaigns and development of recommendations for improvement.
- A/B Testing on various email campaigns to establish the most effective
- Create and test new email marketing templates and direct marketing communications
- Create quality content and proofread any copy that needs reviewing
- Tracking and reporting on email campaigns to guide improvement
- Assist with the day to day administration tasks
- Conduct detailed competitor analysis reports
- Supporting the wider Digital Marketing team in delivering channel-holistic results
We expect the successful candidate to have the following skills and experience:
• Passionate, ambitious, with a love of learning & takes pride in all they do
• Attention to detail; always looking to improve
• Tenacious, proactive and self-motivated
• Positive, can-do attitude
• An understanding and appreciation of the Fortnum & Mason brand
• 2-3 years’ experience working in an email role with email as part of your role
• Experience using an ESP system is essential
• Solid understanding of email technology platforms, web analytics, customer databases and segmentation opportunities
• Experience in setting up and running email marketing automation triggers and lifecycle programmes
• Strong HTML knowledge, ability to code emails in HTML with experience working in Adobe Dreamweaver and a working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
• Highly organised and exceptional planning capabilities
• Experience working in a fast-paced retail environment with competing deadlines and priorities
• In return, we offer fabulous benefits:
- A competitive salary
- A generous store and restaurant discount
- A subsidised staff restaurant which uses Fortnum’s ingredients
- 25 days paid holiday a year and an extra day off for your birthday
- Excellent pension scheme
- Defined development scheme to grow your career
- And because we value your service with us, we give you additional annual leave and incredible gifts once you’ve been with us for 5 years.