Infrastructure Analyst (contractor)
IT - Piccadilly
Salary: Competitive and Benefits
Located in the heart of Piccadilly in our beautiful flagship store. This central London location, offers so much to explore including restaurants, bars, cultural sites, shopping and more, and only a short walk from the Green Park Tube Station and plenty of bus stops.
Fortnum & Mason are looking for an Infrastructure Analyst to join the Fortnum’s Family! The purpose of this role is to provide 2nd and 3rd line configuration, operation, management and support for our on premise and Cloud-based server, storage, data and voice infrastructure to ensure the smooth day-to-day operation of the business. Working closely with the rest of the support team and Head of Service Delivery to improve and enhance the infrastructure, working towards a highly available and robust environment
Working within a small team, the Infrastructure Analyst will champion best practice, contributing and shaping product and technology selection in addition to monitoring and supporting the existing technical landscape across all Fortnum & Mason locations.
- Working with the Head of Service Delivery, the Infrastructure Analyst is responsible for identifying opportunities to improve the technical landscape at Fortnum & Mason, assisting in the design, documentation, costing and implementation of new infrastructure solutions.
Work hands-on as part of the support function to monitor, enhance and refresh all on-premise and Cloud infrastructure and systems, The scope includes PC/server hardware, hypervisors, virtual machines, operating systems and Microsoft services including Office365, Azure, IIS, SQL Server, System Centre, File & Domain services.
- Own and champion standardised O/S imaging and application deployment mechanisms for both the retail/hospitality and corporate environments.
- Whilst day-to-day network support is provided by a 3rd party, the ability to understand and communicate network-related concepts (both voice and data) is essential.
- By the operational nature of the role, there will be occasional need for out of hours work and the post-holder, in rotation with additional team members, will be expected to join the on-call rota.
People & Collaboration
- The ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing, maintaining clear and concise documentation of the environment, exhibiting excellent change control and an appreciation of the control of risk.
- You will work closely with the Systems Support Analysts, providing subject-matter expertise, guidance and mentoring on all supported systems.
- Be committed to the highest standards of service, working and communicating well within a team.
- As the role’s responsibilities include administration of user accounts, permissions and applications and having access to privileged information, trust, confidentiality and maturity are of the utmost importance.
We expect the successful candidate to have the following skills and experience:
- Proven experience of working as in a similar role for a minimum of 5 years; exposure to the retail sector is desirable but not mandatory
- Demonstrable experience of the applications listed below that are identified as Essential to the role
- Can demonstrate extensive experience of working as part of a customer facing support team but also being self-sufficient and a self-starter
- Windows Server 2008R2/2012/2016 administration
- Active Directory administration (including DNS/DHCP/Group Policy/PowerShell etc)
- Windows Hyper-V concepts and administration
- VMware vSphere setup and administration (5.5 or later)
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010/16/Office365 administration
- Server and storage hardware technology (Dell/HP/EMC)
- Experience with enterprise backup technologies (Veeam/BackupExec/CommVault)
- LAN / WAN / Wi-Fi / TCP-IP / Firewalls / Routing concepts and admin
- Cisco switch/firewall/Meraki Wi-Fi support and administration
- Avaya VoIP support and administration
- VMware vSAN implementation and support
- Microsoft SQL basic administration (2008R2 or later)
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 implementation and support
- Microsoft SharePoint implementation and support
At Fortnum & Mason we've been innovating for more than 300 years and as part of our mission to deliver a sense of pleasure for the centuries to come. We have grown to be a digitally focused and multi-channel company with the excitement of expanding our family to include those willing to grow with us.
Those who can consistently demonstrate individual initiative within a collaborative team framework, thrive at Fortnum & Mason. If this sounds like you, and you’re ready for the next step in your career, we welcome your application!
• A competitive salary
• A generous store and restaurant discount of up to 40%
• 28 days holidays pro rata (inc. bank holidays) and an extra day off for your birthday
• A fantastic subsidised staff restaurant which uses Fortnum’s ingredients
• A range of opportunities to develop and grow personally and professionally
• Excellent pension scheme