Employee Networks and Engagement Executive
HR - Piccadilly
Salary: Competitive and Benefits
Our Head Office department is located in the heart of Piccadilly and occupies the 5th & 6th floor of our beautiful flagship store. This central London location, offers so much to explore including restaurants, bars, cultural sites, shopping and more, and only a short walk from the Green Park Tube Station and plenty of bus stops.
As an Employee Engagement and Networks Executive in a small and highly dynamic team, you will work on some of the most exciting future facing projects for Fortnum & Mason, which is a leading modern heritage brand.
You will be expected to run our employee networks, while working on successful and highly engaging internal communication campaigns, and have the ability to produce high-quality content and internal events that build pride and bring our Employer Brand purpose and values to life on a daily basis.
You will also lead employee engagement initiatives – including driving our listening strategy and employee opinion cycle and supporting our range of employee led networks aligned to our Inclusion & Diversity, Family and Sustainability agendas - while creating interesting, visual and informative content about our brand, products and services to share with employees.
This is a maternity cover role
- Develop and drive our internal employee networks, alongside effective communication campaigns, that build employee pride and drive engagement.
- Lead our employee listening strategy (which includes our employee opinion surveys, pulse-checks and listening groups), supporting the Communications & Engagement Lead and Culture & Talent Director.
- Working with senior stakeholders and peers internally, support the development of Fortnum’s inclusion and diversity approach.
- Work with our Future Matters network to identify and promote volunteering opportunities, fundraising and internal charitable giving.
- Working closely with our HR team engage our people in our key mobility and community initiatives
- Create interesting, visual and informative content which will engage employees based in a wide variety of roles, including shop floor, hospitality, head office, customer service and hospitality.
We expect the successful candidate to have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations or relevant field ideally.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Strong knowledge of internal communication practices and techniques – with an interest in external best practice
- Experience of modern workplace tools e.g. internal social media, but also content management systems – and design skills - for E-News and other channels
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
In return, we offer fabulous benefits:
• A competitive salary
• A generous store and restaurant discount of up to 40%
• 28 days holidays pro rata (inc. bank holidays) and an extra day off for your birthday
• A fantastic subsidised staff restaurant which uses Fortnum’s ingredients
• A range of opportunities to develop and grow personally and professionally
• Excellent pension scheme