Technical & Sustainability - Piccadilly
Salary: Competitive and Benefits
Located in the heart of Piccadilly in our beautiful flagship store. This central London location, offers so much to explore including restaurants, bars, cultural sites, shopping and more, and only a short walk from the Green Park Tube Station and plenty of bus stops.
The purpose of this role is to drive our sustainability strategy ensuring our sustainability agenda is embedded within our supply base and stores. You will work with employee communications to bring the agenda alive and to be an integral part of embedding Fortnum & Masons commitment to Sustainability into the entire employee experience.
The primary emphasis of the role is to apply a Sustainability lens to key risk areas to facilitate delivery of the F&M sustainability strategy agenda through our supply base and internal teams.
- To lead and grow the sustainability agenda within the business and internal stakeholders
- To support Internal Communications and the HR teams in embedding the Future Matters agenda throughout the entire employee experience
- Work with marketing teams, the F&M PR Company and senior management team to ensure that all internal stake holders have visibility of achievements to date, projects in progress and future plans.
- To manage the reputational risk of key areas within our supply chains and stores.
- To monitor key risk internal and external compliance audits carried out to a predefined risk assessed schedule with all corrective actions followed up and closed off within timescales
- To ensure Corporate Social Responsibility requirements and quantifiable targets are trained out and monitored in real time.
- To ensure all CSR projects have full project briefs and the scope is signed off at the SteerCO prior to the project starting.
- Monitor progress of all CSR projects and to facilitate the update of these projects at the SteerCo meetings
- To ensure internal operational procedures, COP and Policies manage current known risks to the business
- To ensure product specifications cover all CSR requirements and known risks and include legal requirements & surveillance testing requirements
- To ensure critical paths created in stage one of the launch process include all stages of the CSR approval process including any upskilling required.
- To ensure all new products are assessed and any new CSR requirements fed in to the appropriate Technical processes. I.e. Operational procedures, specifications surveillance testing ect.
- To ensure International CSR requirements are included in all new products developed.
- Familiarity with sustainability law and regulatory guideline
- To ensure all new F&M staff are provided with CSR training to ensure an understanding of the supplier assurance rules and relevant internal and public facing commitments.
- Responsible for ensuring F&M CSR surveillance testing is scheduled and acceptable standards to be written, maintained and communicated to the suppliers and internally.
- Demonstrate good judgement, drive and influence.
- Manage cross departmental relationships to ensure delivery of the CSR requirements.
- Good understanding of audit and quality management systems.
- Strong questioning and probing skills to discover issues and to verify the accuracy of information, results, and data.
- Ability to future scan and prioritise
We expect the successful candidate to have the following skills and experience:
- Degree or equivalent in science or Environmental studies
- Experience in Sustainability for a sustainability NGO, Manufacturer or Retailer.
- Supply Chain and Audit experience preferred but not essential
- ESG, Bcorp and Carbon Trust 3rd party audit experience preferred but not essential
In return, we offer fabulous benefits:
- A competitive salary
- Annual bonus of up to 5% of annual salary
- A generous store and restaurant discount
- A subsidised staff restaurant which uses Fortnum’s ingredients
- 25 days paid holiday (plus bank holidays) a year and an extra day off for your birthday
- Excellent pension scheme
- Defined development scheme to grow your career
- Invitation to our annual staff party
- And because we value your service with us, we give you additional annual leave and incredible gifts once you’ve been with us for 5 years.
At Fortnum & Mason we've been innovating for more than 300 years and as part of our mission to deliver a sense of pleasure for the centuries to come. We have grown to be a digitally focused and multi-channel company with the excitement of expanding our family to include those willing to grow with us.