DJTS - FOH - Piccadilly
Salary: £13.60 per hour
Located in the heart of Piccadilly in our beautiful flagship store. This central London location, offers so much to explore including restaurants, bars, cultural sites, shopping and more, and only a short walk from the Green Park Tube Station and plenty of bus stops.
Waiter/Waitress – Diamond Jubilee Tea Salon
Epitomising the sophistication of Afternoon and High Tea in all its splendour, our Diamond Jubilee Tea Salon serves an extraordinary selection of teas, our famous fluffy scones and delicious sandwiches 7 days a week for all those special occasions. The Queen opened the Tea Salon in 2012 in honour of her Diamond Jubilee. The Tea Salon also specialises in private dining hosting an array of events from charity balls to private birthday parties.
We are currently looking for passionate Waiters/Waitresses to work in our fabulous Diamond Jubilee Tea Salon and helping our customers have a truly enjoyable experience.
• Run and maintain the appearance of your station and section to the highest degree
• Adhere to the agreed standards of table lay-up and MEP
• Set all tables in accordance with the standards provided
• Take instruction from head waiter, anticipate their requirements
• Provide attentive and prompt service
• React and deal with issues, complaints, breakages, spillages in a manner befitting the restaurant’s ethos
• Create and deliver an extraordinary customer experience, meeting all targets set
• Maintain excellent restaurant standards and cleanliness of fixtures
• Ensure the menus are displayed and accurate
• Ensure grooming standards meet company requirements
We expect the successful candidate to have the following skills and experience:
• Experience within Afternoon Tea/High Tea/Private Dining
• Demonstrate an authentic and passionate understanding of brand, menus and restaurant service
• Build up strong relationship with customers in order to encourage repeated visits
• Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively
• Solid interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to think quickly and rationally to ever-changing situations
• Consistently leading by example
in return we offer...
• A competitive salary
• A generous store and restaurant discount of up to 40%
• 28 days holidays pro rata (inc. bank holidays) and an extra day off for your birthday
• A fantastic subsidised staff restaurant which uses Fortnum’s ingredients
• A range of opportunities to develop and grow personally and professionally
• Excellent pension scheme