Finance - Piccadilly
Salary: Competitive and Benefits
Located in the heart of Piccadilly in our beautiful flagship store. This central London location, offers so much to explore including restaurants, bars, cultural sites, shopping and more, and only a short walk from the Green Park Tube Station and plenty of bus stops.
Fortnum & Mason are looking for a Treasury Accountant to join the Fortnum’s Family! The Treasury Accountant will monitor cash flow in and control money transmission tools. The role includes managing bank accounts, maintaining financial records, performing banking operations, providing financial advice to the company, and handling the cash management system.
- To maintain appropriate accounting records and controls
- To ensure all treasury activity is accounted for and sales are correctly stated
- Cash shrinkage is appropriately identified, challenged and mitigated
- Understand and report on our cashflow activity/requirements, drive improvements in liquidity and returns on cash held.
We expect the successful candidate to have the following skills and experience:
- Daily till and credit card reconciliations
- Production of daily sales report
- Ownership of bank/cash postings and reconciliations to the financial system
- Reporting and management of all aspects of cash shrinkage ie cash shorts, charge backs
- Production of rolling cashflow forecast and foreign exchange planning
- Maximise cash returns on funds held
- Ensure appropriate controls exist to prevent cash loss and accurate reporting of income and sales
- Leadership, development and coaching of cash office team
- Ensure compliance with current accounting standards and internal procedures
- ACCA, CIMA or ACA part qualified or AAT qualified
- Prior treasury/cash management experience in retail
- Intermediate excel skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to drive change across departments
At Fortnum & Mason we've been innovating for more than 300 years and as part of our mission to deliver a sense of pleasure for the centuries to come. We have grown to be a digitally focused and multi-channel company with the excitement of expanding our family to include those willing to grow with us.
Those who can consistently demonstrate individual initiative within a collaborative team framework, thrive at Fortnum & Mason. If this sounds like you, and you’re ready for the next step in your career, we welcome your application!
In return, we offer fabulous benefits:
• A competitive salary
• Discretionary annual bonus
• A generous store and restaurant discount
• A subsidised staff restaurant which uses Fortnum’s ingredients
• 25 days a year and an extra day off for your birthday
• Excellent pension scheme
• Defined development scheme to grow your career
• Monthly staff shop
• Invitation to our annual staff party
• And because we value your service with us, we give you additional annual leave and incredible gifts once you’ve been with us for 5 years.