Executive Assistant to CEO
Management Office - Piccadilly
Salary: Competitive and Benefits
Located in the heart of Piccadilly in our beautiful flagship store. This central London location, offers so much to explore including restaurants, bars, cultural sites, shopping and more, and only a short walk from the Green Park Tube Station and plenty of bus stops.
To provide full administrative and Executive Assistant support to the Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and Chief Operating & Innovation Officer
Key interfaces: Internal and external stakeholders and third parties, within and outside the business. Working closely with the Fortnum & Mason board and their assistants, UK and Hong Kong colleagues, and in particular, the Management Office, CEO and Executive Team members, Strategy, HR, Finance, and Heads of Department and Directors.
• Provide full EA support and high-level administrative support to the Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and Chief Operating & Innovation Officer, with a particular focus on meticulous diary management, liaison with critical parties and support.
• Active support (and often leadership) in the preparation of engaging and informative materials and presentations required by for Strategy Days, Team meetings and Board sessions across a range of formats.
• Liaise with multiple third parties and agencies supporting our brand, commercial, logistics, procurement and innovation agendas.
• Ensure all correspondence received physically and virtually, is responded to in a timely manner.
• Liaise with appropriate departments and when required assist in arranging events to include sending invitations, acting as RSVP when collating guest lists, preparing and ordering stock and hosting event with team.
• Arrange complex international travel schedules to include to include, air / rail / hotel and concierge services.
• To coordinate, attend and take minutes for team meetings, the weekly Executive Team meetings and Strategy Days and any other relevant meetings as requested.
• Undertake visa processing where appropriate and required, with liaison with the HR Department,
• Arrange foreign currency through Cash Office, for Executive trips.
• Provide reception service to Management Office via telephone, and meet and greet visitors upon arrival.
• Review and format monthly board reports working closely with the relevant departments. Liaise with the relevant stakeholders to ensure a consistent approach and that the information is received in a timely manner. Prepare board packs and materials to support all board meetings and offsites throughout the year.
• Run expenses for the Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and Chief Operating & Innovation Officer including F&M Account Card (Personal & Hospitality) and Company Credit Card.
• Liaise with Royal Offices, government bodies, membership groups, institutions, charities, third parties, advisers and partners who Fortnum & Mason have a relationship with.
• Compile Research on requested topics.
• Liaise with Hospitality on F&B for internal meetings.
• Innately proactive and energetic, with a deep interest in and desire to step into the shoes of their stakeholders and to support them (and potentially stand in for them) in every way possible.
• Tenacious, but thoughtful and discrete, with an ability to draw conclusions and problem solve issues in a fast-paced environment.
• An ability to remain highly confidential on all matters discussed in the Management Office.
• Highly engaging and responsive, with strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to influence and build long-term, trusting relationships across the business and beyond.
• A positive outlook and approach, and calm and controlled when under pressure.
• Action oriented: capable of high levels of planning, organising, and time management to ensure that the stakeholders’ diaries and working days are run effectively and responsibly.
• A strong instinct and ability to plan and think ahead and seize the initiative, working independently or with others as part of a team.
• Strong organisational & project management skills, with meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
• Resilient, positive and comfortable with changing priorities.
• Tech savvy, with advanced Microsoft skills and experience to be able to deliver presentations at the highest level and a keen interest in how to present information in a succinct, compelling and engaging manner.
• Keen adopter of new technology and new ways of working to drive efficiency and smarter ways of working.
• An authentic and passionate appreciation of the brand and its values.
• Experience of working in an environment with a strong Customer Service ethos.
• A competitive salary
• A generous store and restaurant discount of up to 40%
• 28 days holidays pro rata (inc. bank holidays) and an extra day off for your birthday
• A fantastic subsidised staff restaurant which uses Fortnum’s ingredients
• A range of opportunities to develop and grow personally and professionally
• Excellent pension scheme