Junior Sous Chef
DJTS - BOH - Piccadilly
Salary: Competitive and Benefits
Located in the heart of Piccadilly in our beautiful flagship store. This central London location, offers so much to explore including restaurants, bars, cultural sites, shopping and more, and only a short walk from the Green Park Tube Station and plenty of bus stops.
Junior Sous Chef – Diamond Jubilee Tea Salon
Epitomising the sophistication of Afternoon and High Tea in all its splendour, our Diamond Jubilee Tea Salon serves an extraordinary selection of teas, our famous fluffy scones and delicious sandwiches 7 days a week for all those special occasions. The Queen opened the Tea Salon in 2012 in honour of her Diamond Jubilee. The Tea Salon also specialises in private dining hosting an array of events from charity balls to private birthday parties.
We are currently looking for an experienced Junior Sous Chef to join our Diamond Jubilee Tea Salon. This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to expand their skill set within Afternoon Tea, Events and Private Dining.
- Working with the Senior Team to ensure the food is delivered to the highest standard in the section of responsibility
- Coach and develop CDP’S and Commis Chefs to ensure their skills are being enhanced, leading by example
- Check the Section for standards regularly ensuring that all audits and temperature checks are completed
- Take ownership of the stocktake and feedback any key indicators to the Head chef
- Pre-empt any pinch points within the kitchen, and highlight them to your line manager
- Work with the Senior Chefs to help produce monthly reporting for the Kitchen
- Work closely with the Restaurant team to ensure a collaborative partnership between front and back of house
- Communicate effectively ensuring that the teams are aware of the menu
- Demonstrate high levels of planning, organising, and time management to drive the operational execution across the section
- Ensure adherence to company policies, controls and standards (e.g. due diligence, cleanliness, and HSE)
- Monitor and maintain inventory, ensuring these are highlighted to the Senior Chefs
We expect the successful candidate to have the following skills and experience:
- Experience as a Junior Sous Chef within a quality restaurant.
- Willing to learn and grow as well as teach
- Passionate about food
- Have excellent longevity with your past employers
- Maintaining Food Safety standards
• A competitive salary
• A generous store and restaurant discount of up to 40%
• 28 days holidays pro rata (inc. bank holidays) and an extra day off for your birthday
• A fantastic subsidised staff restaurant which uses Fortnum’s ingredients
• A range of opportunities to develop and grow personally and professionally
• Excellent pension scheme