Merchandiser - Grocery Department
Merchandising - Piccadilly
Salary: Competitive and Benefits
Located in the heart of Piccadilly in our beautiful flagship store. This central London location, offers so much to explore including restaurants, bars, cultural sites, shopping and more, and only a short walk from the Green Park Tube Station and plenty of bus stops.
Fortnum & Mason are looking for a Merchandiser for Grocery & Satellite Stores to join the Fortnum’s Family! We are looking for someone who can manage all aspects of Inventory Management and supply chain activity to ensure excellent availability within the Open To Buy and Wastage target Constraints.
- Taking product nominations and building compelling displays/promotional tables.
- Set up of Space Planning tool to reflect store(s) layout and fixture profile(s)
- Production of statistical analysis of previous sales, brands, price points (etc.) to propose generic range architecture of future ranges
- Significant input into the range sign off process
- Check if the products proposed are commercially viable to range
- Formulation of sales forecasts using experience, historic data and product spec’s
- MOQ and Minimum Order Value to be checked if commercially viable
- Intake plans to be created from the signed off sales forecasts
- Place all orders for respective departments
- Expediting Orders
- Develop relationships with Suppliers / Depot / Shop Floor / On Line team
- Complete understanding of Grade A and B lines (in terms of stock, orders, issues, pricing, promos etc)
- Regular checking of Grade C and D lines
- Compile and communicate proposed sale/mark down lines
- Monitor and suggest appropriate action during sale
- Drive OTIF (On time and in full deliveries)
- Order Management – i.e. the orders on the system reflect exactly what stock is due and when
- Communication of failed deliveries and actions proposed
- Ensure unwanted orders and inventory are cancelled with full communicated to suppliers and buyers
- Raise Supplier Compliance Charges
- Compile statistical data regarding volume of Supplier Compliance Charges
- Allocation parameters set on the system
- Maintain availability within defined parameters – highlight future potential issues. Resolve before they become issues
- Maintain and report against KPIs (e.g. stock holding, weeks cover, availability, sales forecast accuracy)
- Stock queries from Ely resolved within 48 hours
- Prepare data for regular reviews with buying, shop floor and VM
- Management of Assistant Merchandiser and ensuring they are developing and meeting their KPIs.
We expect the successful candidate to have the following skills and experience:
- Candidates should currently be Merchandisers or can demonstrate good progression from Assistant Merchandiser to Merchandising Assistant and ready for the next move
- They should possess strong analytical skills, highly organised, good communication skills at varying levels, able to multi-task, prioritise accordingly with leadership and coaching as required.
At Fortnum & Mason we've been innovating for more than 300 years and as part of our mission to deliver a sense of pleasure for the centuries to come. We have grown to be a digitally focused and multi-channel company with the excitement of expanding our family to include those willing to grow with us.
Those who can consistently demonstrate individual initiative within a collaborative team framework, thrive at Fortnum & Mason. If this sounds like you, and you’re ready for the next step in your career, we welcome your application!
• A competitive salary
• A generous store and restaurant discount of up to 40%
• 25 days holidays and an extra day off for your birthday
• A fantastic subsidised staff restaurant which uses Fortnum’s ingredients
• A range of opportunities to develop and grow personally and professionally
• Excellent pension scheme