Head Pastry Chef
DJTS - BOH - Piccadilly
Salary: Competitive and Benefits
Epitomising the sophistication of Afternoon and High Tea in all its splendour, our Diamond Jubilee Tea Salon serves an extraordinary selection of teas, our famous fluffy scones and delicious sandwiches 7 days a week for all those special occasions. The Queen opened the Tea Salon in 2012 in honour of her Diamond Jubilee. The Tea Salon also specialises in private dining hosting an array of events from charity balls to private birthday parties.
We are currently looking for an experienced Head Pastry Chef for the Diamond Jubilee Tea Salon. Our Head Chef will be leading, inspiring as well as developing the pastry team, ensuring that all dishes are prepared, cooked and presented to an excellent standard whilst working with an amazing brigade of chefs.
- Coach and develop Sous chefs and CDP’S to ensure their skills are being enhanced, leading by example
- Ensure the highest Kitchen standards are achieved ensuring all audits are regularly completed
- Engage with suppliers to ensure they deliver the best products and service
- Complete and deliver monthly one to one reviews in line with Company Objectives, Vision and Values, using this time to set and review individual objectives
- Communicate effectively ensuring that the teams are aware of the menu and are able to source the correct ingredients
- Demonstrate high levels of planning, organising, and time management to drive the operational execution across the department
We expect the successful candidate to have the following skills and experience:
- A Head Pastry Chef with Afternoon Tea and Events background
- Have experience in overseeing different teams
- Have experience in menu development
- Excellent knowledge of costings and GPs
- Be approachable, enthusiastic and organised.
- Be able to lead and mentor a large, talented brigade
• A competitive salary
• A generous store and restaurant discount of up to 40%
• 28 days holidays pro rata (inc. bank holidays) and an extra day off for your birthday + 5 extra days for your well being
• A fantastic subsidised staff restaurant which uses Fortnum’s ingredients
• A range of opportunities to develop and grow personally and professionally
• Excellent pension scheme