Marketing - Piccadilly
Salary: Competitive and Benefits
Our Head Office department is located in the heart of Piccadilly and occupies the 5th & 6th floor of our beautiful flagship store. This central London location, offers so much to explore including restaurants, bars, cultural sites, shopping and more, and only a short walk from the Green Park Tube Station and plenty of bus stops.
Fortnum & Mason are looking for an Graphic Designer to join the Fortnum’s Family! The objective of this role is to take creative design briefs from clients and senior team members, to develop brand, literature and packaging design.
- Designing original pieces in line with the Fortnum’s toolkit, design aesthete and briefs that exceed our customer’s expectations and support the business development goals.
- Producing expressive, descriptive and eye-catching designs for packaging (new products and line extensions) and brochures, logos, point of sale, books, advertisements, menus and other communication materials
- Generating ideas to portray campaign concepts, visualising these concepts to a level suitable for presentation to the Board of Directors.
- Briefing illustrators, lettering artists and general suppliers.
- Refining images, fonts and layouts using graphic design software.
- Ensuring brand consistency throughout all Fortnum’s packaging and literature design. Managing the use of Fortnum’s name, logo, marks, visual identity and key equities in all areas covered by the graphic design team.
- Liaising between the marketing and design teams to ensure deadlines are met.
- Preparing, collating and researching material, copy checking and the implementation of everything from packaging to point of sale for our UK store and international presence.
- Liaising with print suppliers on finishes and artwork set up to meet the design brief.
- Accurately checking and commenting on final artwork and on pre-production samples - contributing to essential QC checks.
- Research current and potential graphic design trends.
- A proven background / career working as a senior creative designer for packaging, identity and branding.
- With a packaging experience executing projects from conception to production for different substrates and structures eg. tin, cartonboard, labels.
- Strong aesthetic skills with the ability to combine various colours, fonts and layouts.
- Email and Microsoft Office proficient. Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator essential.
- Highly organised and assertive with strong communication and time management skills - being able to work to tight deadlines, prioritise workload and have excellent time management.
- Confident, articulate and personable qualities essential.
- Ability and enthusiasm to learn new skills and adapt to an ever changing and growing business.
- Attention to visual detail.
- Portfolio of completed design projects.
- BA degree in Design, Visual Arts or relevant field preferable.
At Fortnum & Mason we've been innovating for more than 300 years and as part of our mission to deliver a sense of pleasure for the centuries to come. We have grown to be a digitally focused and multi-channel company with the excitement of expanding our family to include those willing to grow with us.
Those who can consistently demonstrate individual initiative within a collaborative team framework, thrive at Fortnum & Mason. If this sounds like you, and you’re ready for the next step in your career, we welcome your application!
In return we offer the following fabulous benefits;
- Hybrid working from home and office
- A competitive salary
- A generous store and restaurant discount of up to 40%
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays and an extra day off for your birthday
- A fantastic subsidised staff restaurant which uses Fortnum’s ingredients
- A range of opportunities to develop and grow personally and professionally
- Excellent pension scheme