IT Service Desk Engineer
IT - Piccadilly
Salary: Competitive and Benefits
Located in the heart of Piccadilly in our beautiful flagship store. This central London location, offers so much to explore including restaurants, bars, cultural sites, shopping and more, and only a short walk from the Green Park Tube Station and plenty of bus stops.
Fortnum & Mason are looking for a IT Service Desk Engineer to join the Fortnum’s Family! The purpose of this role is to provide systems and desktop support for our end users to ensure the smooth day-to-day operation of the business. Working closely with the rest of the support team and Technical Service Manager to deliver professional IT support for our users.
Supported by the Infrastructure Analysts and Application Systems Analysts to improve and enhance the service level and availability of the systems supported.
Identify and feed back to 3rd line support any issues that require further investigation or that may be an opportunity to improve the systems and service.
- The IT Service Desk Engineer will work as part of the Technical Support teams to monitor the call logging system, addressing walk-up and telephone support requests and react to various alerting and monitoring systems. The IT Service Desk Engineer will provide day-to-day support for all retail/hospitality POS, desktop, server and cloud applications as well as desktop, mobile and POS hardware.
- The role includes providing support for the retail and hospitality systems on a shift rota basis covering 7 days/week and the store opening hours. Once a sufficient level of competence is achieved, the IT Service Desk Engineer will assume additional responsibility for providing out-of-hours support as part of a team rota for which an additional allowance is paid.
People & Collaboration
- Clear communication verbally and in writing to all levels as you will be supporting all of the organisation. As part of the support team you will also be committed to the highest standards of service, working and communicating well within a team.
- As the role’s responsibilities include administration of user accounts, permissions and applications and having access to privileged information, trust, confidentiality and maturity are of the utmost importance
We expect the successful candidate to have the following skills and experience:
- Proven experience of working as a IT Service Desk Engineer
- Can demonstrate extensive experience of working as part of a customer facing support team but also being self-sufficient
• A competitive salary
• A generous store and restaurant discount of up to 40%
• 25 days holidays pro rata (+. bank holidays) and an extra day off for your birthday
• A fantastic subsidised staff restaurant which uses Fortnum’s ingredients
• A range of opportunities to develop and grow personally and professionally
• Excellent pension scheme