Head Pastry Chef
45 Jermyn St - BOH - Piccadilly
Salary: Competitive and Benefits
Located in the heart of Piccadilly in our beautiful flagship store. This central London location, offers so much to explore including restaurants, bars, cultural sites, shopping and more, and only a short walk from the Green Park Tube Station and plenty of bus stops.
Head Chef – 45 Jermyn St
Full of ambience, the exquisite dining room and bar brings back the golden age of glamour and service for a contemporary London. Open every day for breakfast, lunch and dinner across a menu inspired by the season for a modern London with familiar favourites alongside a fine dining experience.
We are currently looking for an experienced Head Chef for 45 Jermyn St. Our Head Chef will be leading, inspiring as well as developing the Kitchen team, ensuring that all dishes are prepared, cooked and presented to an excellent standard whilst working with an amazing brigade of chefs.
- Leading the Kitchen to ensure its profit margin and targets are met
- Coach and develop Sous chefs and CDP’S to ensure their skills are being enhanced, leading by example
- Update the teams on the business performance, new initiatives and other pertinent issues
- Engage with suppliers to ensure they deliver the best products and service
- Complete and deliver monthly one to one reviews in line with Company Objectives, Vision and Values, using this time to set and review individual objectives
- Communicate effectively ensuring that the teams are aware of the menu and are able to source the correct ingredients
- Demonstrate high levels of planning, organising, and time management to drive the operational execution across the department
- Recruitment of chefs
- Sales v forecast, Profit margin v Budget and Wastage
- Ensure correct food practices are followed in the preparation and serving of all food and drinks
- Constantly looking at ways which we can develop a long lasting relationship with our customers and exceed their expectations.
- Manage & lead through performance management & other available tools & processes
- Identify training needs and influence stakeholders to deliver
We expect the successful candidate to have the following skills and experience:
- Come from a busy and high volume background within Fine dining
- Have experience in overseeing different teams
- Have experience in menu development
- Excellent knowledge of costings and GPs
- Be approachable, enthusiastic and organised.
- Be able to lead and mentor a large, talented brigade
- Hold a health and safety and food safety certificates level 3
in return we offer..
• A competitive salary
• A generous store and restaurant discount of up to 40%
• 28 days holidays pro rata (inc. bank holidays) and an extra day off for your birthday
• A fantastic subsidised staff restaurant which uses Fortnum’s ingredients
• A range of opportunities to develop and grow personally and professionally
• Excellent pension scheme