Head of Marketing Operations
Marketing - Piccadilly
Salary: Competitive and Benefits
Our Head Office department is located in the heart of Piccadilly and occupies the 5th & 6th floor of our beautiful flagship store. This central London location, offers so much to explore including restaurants, bars, cultural sites, shopping and more, and only a short walk from the Green Park Tube Station and plenty of bus stops.
To plan, create and implement holistic marketing and communications campaigns that enhance brand equity and deliver commercial results for Fortnum & Mason across a global stage. To play a pivotal role in designing, planning and implementing communications activities across all channels, delivering marketing campaigns on time, within budget and to a consistently high quality with actionable learnings for future optimisation. This will involve creating and owning an 18 month out marketing plan that supports the goals of the business, brand, and key stakeholders and departments
Reports to: Director of Marketing and Communications
Direct Reports: Retail, International and Hospitality marketing managers and supporting teams.
Key interfaces: Internal Stakeholders with a focus on Buying, Merchandising, Customer Insight & Strategy, Online, UK Retail & Hospitality Operations, HK Retail Concierge & Wholesale. External agencies (Creative, Media, Insight).
- To be instrumental in delivering insight led, highly creative 360 marketing and communication plans and campaigns to ensure Fortnum’s is more relevant, to more people, more often and meets a set of clear strategic, commercial and customer objectives.
Working with key stakeholders across the business including:
- The Buying and Merchandising departments to ensure marketing strategy and product messaging represents the very best Fortnum’s has to offer.
- The Online, Retail, Hospitality and International functions to ensure we are telling our brand, category and product stories in a way that is coherent, and will inspire and excite our customers.
- The internal copywriting team / design function and owned channel leads (online, e mail, social) to ensure that marketing strategy and brand messaging is run to an agreed process and is producing high quality creative work consistently for all owned channels.
- External agencies (comms and media) to ensure that our paid channel strategy is working as hard as it can for the business.
- Project owners across the business to ensure the Marketing & Communications annual budget is effectively, responsibly and pro-actively managed with a strong ROI
- Work with the Director of Marketing and Communications to agree the overarching marketing strategy and an 18 month out marketing plan.
- Create and own a campaign development process that includes all relevant areas of the business to bring Fortnum’s to life in the most compelling ways possible.
- Managing the marketing plans with the team, drawing in knowledge into the marketing department from across the business, ensuring the very best category and product stories are promoted through creative campaigns that inspire customers and colleagues.
- Work with the online team to ensure that our digital channels, both owned and paid are as effective as possible.
- Ensure the marketing managers across the retail, hospitality and international channels have the tools and support they need to do the very best work for Fortnum’s across their areas.
- Gain an in-depth knowledge of market trends and information and insight around competitive behaviours to share with teams.
- Ensure ROI on all campaigns is reviewed and lessons learnt for the future.
- Work with internal stakeholders to create and maintain an employer brand strategy that helps lift Fortnum’s above the competition as an Employer of choice across diverse communities.
Role Specific Criteria (Experience/Behaviours/Technical Ability)
- A dynamic, flexible, multi-channel communications professional with broad all-round marketing & communications experience and a strong strategic focus.
- An ability to instil structure and process into a multi-functional team to liberates peoples very best work.
- Strong leadership experience of working within a multi-functional marketing communications team, evidence of building a high performing team culture.
- Strong creative mindset and desire to push creative boundaries for maximum business results, allied to a data-orientated approach with a desire to consistently improve results.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong written communication and presentation skills, comfortable with presenting to small and large groups across all areas of the business.
- Ability to manage healthy debates and bring teams together to acheive positive business solutions
- A competitive salary
- A discretionary annual bonus scheme
- A generous store and restaurant discount (of up to 40%)
- A subsidised staff restaurant which uses Fortnum’s ingredients
- 25 days paid holiday (plus bank holidays) a year and an extra day off for your birthday
- Excellent pension scheme
- Development opportunities to help grow your career
- Additional annual leave and a gift once you have been with us for 5 years
At Fortnum & Mason we've been innovating for more than 300 years and as part of our mission to deliver a sense of pleasure for the centuries to come. We have grown to be a digitally focused and multi-channel company with the excitement of expanding our family to include those willing to grow with us.
Those who can consistently demonstrate individual initiative within a collaborative team framework, thrive at Fortnum & Mason. If this sounds like you, and you’re ready for the next step in your career, we welcome your application!