Overhead Accounts Payable Lead (UK & HK)
Finance - Piccadilly
Salary: Competitive and Benefits
Our Head Office department is located in the heart of Piccadilly and occupies the 5th & 6th floor of our beautiful flagship store. This central London location, offers so much to explore including restaurants, bars, cultural sites, shopping and more, and only a short walk from the Green Park Tube Station and plenty of bus stops.
The role for Overhead Accounts Payable Lead has been created to support the on-going expansion of the finance team, with a view to implementing and maintaining processes and controls within the function for sites in both UK and HK. To lead a team of two and responsible for the management of our overhead costs, timely payments and balance sheet clearance. To communicate and work with key budget holders around the business to keep payments and reporting current and up to date. To aid the Finance Manager and Management Accountants with other periodic, quarterly, and annual financial requirements. Development, training, and support of overhead accounts payable team.
• Overseeing the invoice processing journey, manage overhead GRNI reports and aging profile.
• Set up Non Stock GRNI access, support and train teams both in the UK and HK on the financial processes.
• Ownership of the trade creditor accruals and other period end reporting.
• Oversee aged creditors reporting and frequent supplier statement reconciliation.
• Oversee periodic employee expenses and company credit card journal postings (internal & external cards).
• Assist with PO matching, associated queries from stakeholders and support weekly payment run review and payment queries from suppliers.
• Support with statutory compliance, i.e. national statistics.
• Assist the finance manager and financial controller with the year end audit and other ad hoc tasks as required.
Skills and Experience Required Essential (E) or Desirable (D)
Part qualified towards ACCA or CIMA E
Strong understanding of accountancy and bookkeeping E
Strong excel knowledge E
Prior experience with management accounts & purchase ledger E
Retail or Hospitality finance experience D
Microsoft Dynamics D365 experience D
In return, we offer…
• A competitive salary
• A discretionary annual bonus scheme
• A generous store and restaurant discount (of up to 40%)
• A subsidised staff restaurant which uses Fortnum’s ingredients
• 25 days paid holiday (plus bank holidays) a year and an extra day off for your birthday
• Excellent pension scheme
• Development opportunities to help grow your career
• Additional annual leave and a gift once you have been with us for 5 years
At Fortnum & Mason we've been innovating for more than 300 years and as part of our mission to deliver a sense of pleasure for the centuries to come. We have grown to be a digitally focused and multi-channel company with the excitement of expanding our family to include those willing to grow with us.
Those who can consistently demonstrate individual initiative within a collaborative team framework, thrive at Fortnum & Mason. If this sounds like you, and you’re ready for the next step in your career, we welcome your application!