Online Marketing - Piccadilly
Salary: Competitive and Benefits
Our Head Office department is located in the heart of Piccadilly and occupies the 5th & 6th floor of our beautiful flagship store. This central London location, offers so much to explore including restaurants, bars, cultural sites, shopping and more, and only a short walk from the Green Park Tube Station and plenty of bus stops.
The UX Designer will be responsible for designing the overall functionality of the product, ensuring a great and improving user experience, through a data-driven roadmap, which ultimately supports both brand and commercial objectives.
They will understand our Digital business requirements and any technical limitations and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes.
Passionate about all things UX, they will apply their experience, knowledge & user-centred design approach to all Magento 2 product applications. These include but are not limited to; our main consumer website, our Concierge (managed client) website, and other web-based interfaces, with a relentless focus on delivering a frictionless user experience.
Reports to: Senior Digital Product Manager
Direct Reports: None
The role holder will interact primarily with the Senior Digital Product Manager, Director of Online, Online Team; marketing, trading and analytics, Director of Marketing & Comms and members of the Marketing team, plus members of the Technology & Transformation team and our Web Development agency.
- Work collaboratively with the Senior Digital Product Manager to define the vision for the ecommerce products including goals and objectives and measurement framework, all within the context of our business requirements
- Develop a deep understanding of our customer requirements and on-site behaviours, to enable clear definition of customer journeys
- Deliver intuitive user experiences, translating concepts into user flows, wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes, all optimised for a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Identify design opportunities & problems with the core product and develop solutions to counter them, selling these solutions into the wider business through research output, prototyping and user-testing
- Bring a user-centred design approach to UX decisions on potential future features and functionalities
- Manage key stakeholder relationships and define business requirements, turning these into tangible propositions that deliver an enhanced online customer journey and drive engagement, sales & repeat shopping
We expect the successful candidate to have the following skills and experience:
- Experience in a fast paced retail environment
- Highly organised, with ability to prioritise workload under pressure, meeting deadlines and handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work with stakeholders to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet business needs and vision
- Demonstrable UX design experience, preferably designing complex solutions for complete digital environments, with extensive experience in using UX design best practices and a strong understanding of mobile-first and responsive design
- User-centred design skills, including delivery of user research and testing, A/B testing, prototyping, usability and accessibility assessment
- Detail-oriented self-starter, capable of staying on track and pursuing solutions without supervision
- Able to compile final UX Designs and narrative in an appropriate manner to brief and handover to our delivery team
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal communications skills
- Degree level qualification
- Positive, can-do attitude, open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism
- Experience in luxury retail ecommerce or a related industry
- Passion for luxury retail as well as an understanding of the wider retail landscape
- An understanding & appreciation of the Fortnum’s brand
In return we offer the following fabulous benefits:
- A competitive salary
- Annual discretionary bonus
- A generous store and restaurant discount
- A subsidised staff restaurant which uses Fortnum’s ingredients
- 25 days paid holiday (plus bank holidays) a year and an extra day off for your birthday
- Excellent pension scheme
- Invitation to our annual staff party
- And because we value your service with us, we give you additional annual leave and incredible gifts once you’ve been with us for 5 years
- At Fortnum & Mason we've been innovating for more than 300 years and as part of our mission to deliver a sense of pleasure for the centuries to come. We have grown to be a digitally focused and multi-channel company with the excitement of expanding our family to include those willing to grow with us.
Those who can consistently demonstrate individual initiative within a collaborative team framework, thrive at Fortnum & Mason. If this sounds like you, and you’re ready for the next step in your career, we welcome your application!