Private Dining and Events Coordiantor
Hospitality Office - Piccadilly
Salary: Competitive and Benefits
Located in the heart of Piccadilly in our beautiful flagship store. This central London location, offers so much to explore including restaurants, bars, cultural sites, shopping and more, and only a short walk from the Green Park Tube Station and plenty of bus stops.
Fortnum & Mason events and Private Dining experiences are like no other, each and every one of them is unique. From bespoke breakfasts to business lunches, tea parties, weddings and private suppers, we offer a range of entertaining possibilities.
This opportunity will see you building relationships with internal and external suppliers, keeping communication lines between departments open and working closely with the customer regarding enquiries. Given this, you will have experience in a similar role; have strong written and verbal communication skills and impeccable attention to detail.
As this role will have a large reporting aspect to it, it is essential that you have experience in using Microsoft Office based tools including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Along with this there will be weekly and monthly targets and KPIs put into place and therefore candidate with previous sales experience would be highly regarded.
Our General Manager - Private Dining and Events takes pride in developing their team to reach their fullest potential, given this; this opportunity will see the chosen individual have chance to grow their events management skills whilst working for a renowned and historical establishment.
- Handle internal & external events enquiries received via telephone, emails, in-house and third parties for events of up to 60 guests.
- To ensure you always use provided templates when responding by email.
- To ensure you deal with all requests immediately not leaving unsorted matters behind and with as much details as possible on order to provide the customer with the best service possible.
- Keep Private Dining & Events reservations details updated and collect all information on time.
- Keep events calendar updated and creation of weekly summary documents to be shared within the business.
- Conduct show arounds in the timely and professional manner, sharing all relevant information.
- Being able to host or support any meeting and/or menu tastings for upcoming events.
- Responsible for full correspondence with clients in relation to event enquiries handled.
- Responsible for creating & updating all communication documents for hospitality management and operational team.
- Support the wider events teams with required administrative support.
- Creating all PO’s and ordering of all third party demands.
The successful candidate will have:
• Team player & flexible
• A professional telephone manner;
• Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes;
• Good time management and organisational skills;
• A friendly but professional work ethic;
• Enthusiasm and willingness to learn;
• Previous experience in a similar role within a quality hospitality environment:
• Tripleseat & sevenrooms experience beneficial
In return we offer:
• A competitive salary
• A generous store and restaurant discount of up to 40%
• 28 days holidays pro rata (inc. bank holidays) and an extra day off for your birthday
• A fantastic subsidised staff restaurant which uses Fortnum’s ingredients
• A range of opportunities to develop and grow personally and professionally
• Excellent pension scheme