Assistant Buyer - Hampers
FBH Buying - Piccadilly
Salary: Competitive and Benefits
Our Head Office department is located in the heart of Piccadilly and occupies the 5th & 6th floor of our beautiful flagship store. This central London location, offers so much to explore including restaurants, bars, cultural sites, shopping and more, and only a short walk from the Green Park Tube Station and plenty of bus stops.
The role holder will be required to assist and support the Buyer within the relevant category. They will use their knowledge and skills to analyse category performance, build relationships and contribute to the Buying strategy. The individual will demonstrate strong commercial acumen, have a creative eye and be able to identify new and seasonal trends in collaboration with the Buyer and Senior Buyer.
Home Buying at Fortnum and Mason is unique in that it is a highly collaborative category, working alongside colleagues within Food Buying to deliver the single vision strategy.
- Under the direction of the Buyer, contribute to the delivery of the strategic vision across all channels for the category.
- Contributes to or has responsibility for the Curation/Buying of a specific product range under the direction of the Buyer/Senior Buyer, including: Floristry | Father’s Day | Mother’s Day | Halloween.
- Support with performance analysis and produce weekly sell-through reports.
- Demonstrate an authentic and passionate understanding of brand, product and the competition within the market.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the customer profile and be able to anticipate customer needs and expectations in a multichannel environment.
- Manages product set up, trade agreement management, and online set-up management supported by the Buying Assistant.
- Conducts virtual/ in person training for the Retail Team.
- Maintains seasonal product calendars to capitalise on key events / holidays throughout year.
- Maintains and manages departmental range plan & training packs (including seasonal) ensuring effective deployment across Retail, Online, Wholesale and Satellite Stores.
- Conducts and collates comparative shop research into Power Point format and can provide a top line analysis of findings.
- Oversees the Buying Assistant on all hamper test packs/ transit tests and photo shoots.
- Prepare up to date, relevant information packs trade meetings and be able to present in the Buyers absence.
- Inputs into the identification of new brands and products in line with Fortnum’s strategy and commitment to quality.
- Ability to effectively relationship manage the supplier base.
- Ensure all suppliers meet the Fortnum & Mason compliance & QC standards.
- Attend and contribute to buying meetings externally and internally, where necessary on behalf of the Buyer.
People & Collaboration
- Be able to manage multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrate an authentic and passionate understanding of the brand and brand values.
- Provide consistent and detailed support to the Buyer and/or Senior Buyer.
- Manage, coach and develop the Buying Assistant in line with Company practices.
We expect the successful candidate to have the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrable experience as a Senior Buying Administrator/Assistant or Assistant Buyer.
- Ability to manage time and workload with often competing priorities and varying demands of the business.
- Ability to maintain range plans across a multichannel business.
- Exceptionally high level of verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to influence, effectively, with all team members and relevant key interfaces.
- Strong customer service focus when dealing with both internal and external parties.
- Ability to work with autonomy as well as contribute to the wider team.
- Detailed orientated with high levels of numeracy and analytical skills.
- Experience in highly seasonal buying strategies.
- Ability to manage competing demands of a seasonal buying calendar, effectively and collaboratively with Food & FBH Buying Colleagues.
- Experience gained within a multichannel luxury retail environment.
In return we offer the following fabulous benefits:
- A competitive salary
- A generous store and restaurant discount of up to 40%
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays and an extra day off for your birthday
- A fantastic subsidised staff restaurant which uses Fortnum’s ingredients
- A range of opportunities to develop and grow personally and professionally
- Excellent pension scheme