IT - Piccadilly
Salary: Competitive and Benefits
Our Head Office department is located in the heart of Piccadilly and occupies the 5th & 6th floor of our beautiful flagship store. This central London location, offers so much to explore including restaurants, bars, cultural sites, shopping and more, and only a short walk from the Green Park Tube Station and plenty of bus stops.
The purpose of the Infrastructre Analyst role is to provide 3rd line configuration, operation, management and support for our on-premise and Cloud-based server, storage and backup infrastructure to ensure the smooth day-to-day operation of the business. Working closely with colleagues in our support and Business Systems teams to improve and enhance the infrastructure, maintaining and developing a highly available, scalable and robust environment to deliver technology dependent business-critical functions seamlessly to our growing business.
Working within a small team of specialists, the Infrastructure Analyst will champion best practice, contributing and shaping product and technology selection in addition to monitoring and supporting the existing technical landscape across all Fortnum & Mason locations.
Working with the IT Manager, the Infrastructure Analyst is responsible for identifying opportunities to improve the technical landscape at Fortnum & Mason, assisting in the design, documentation, costing and implementation of new infrastructure solutions.
The Infrastructure Analyst will work hands-on as part of the support function to enhance all on-premise and Cloud infrastructure and systems. The scope includes server hardware, hypervisors, virtual machines, operating systems and Microsoft services including Office365, Azure, IAAS and PAAS, IIS, SQL Server, SCCM, File & Directory services. Additionally, this role will own and champion standardised O/S imaging and application deployment mechanisms for both the Retail/Hospitality POS and corporate desktop environments.
Whilst day-to-day network support is provided by a 3rd party, the ability to understand and communicate network-related concepts (both voice and data) is essential. By the operational nature of the role, there will be occasional need for out-of-hours work.
People & Collaboration
As an Infrastructure Analyst you require the ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing, maintaining clear and concise documentation of the environment, exhibiting excellent change control and an appreciation of the control of risk. You will work closely with the Systems Support Analysts, providing subject-matter expertise, guidance and mentoring on all supported systems. As part of the support team, you will also be committed to the highest standards of service, working and communicating well within a team. As the role’s responsibilities include administration of accounts, permissions and applications and having access to privileged information, trust, confidentiality and maturity are of the utmost importance.
Proven experience of working within a similar customer facing support team, with exposure to the Retail sector
Demonstrable experience of the applications listed below that are identified as Essential to the role;
- Windows Server 2019 Server administration
- Active Directory administration (including DNS/DHCP/Group Policy etc)
- Microsoft System Centre Configuration Manager (OSD, Software Deployment, Patching)
- Microsoft Azure (AAD, IAAS, VM, VNets)
- PowerShell scripting
- Microsoft SQL basic administration (2008 R2 and later)
- VMware vSphere setup and administration (v6.5 or later)
- VMware vSAN support and administration
- Microsoft365 & Office365 PS troubleshooting and best practice
- Server and storage hardware technology (Dell)
- Experience with Enterprise backup technologies (Veeam)
- LAN / WAN / Wi-Fi / TCP-IP / Firewalls / Routing concepts and admin (Cisco Meraki)
- Microsoft Azure (Data Factory, SQL PAAS, VPN) Desirable
- Microsoft SharePoint Online & MS Teams administration Desirable
- A competitive salary
- A generous store and restaurant discount of up to 40%
- 28 days holidays pro rata (inc. bank holidays) and an extra day off for your birthday
- A fantastic subsidised staff restaurant which uses Fortnum’s ingredients
- A range of opportunities to develop and grow personally and professionally
- Excellent pension scheme
- Hybrid working