Store Manager – St Pancras
St Pancras, London
At Fortnum & Mason, we are famous for our excellence in product and service built up over three centuries since opening our Piccadilly store in 1707.
We are now looking for an outstanding individual with a strong retail background, to join our St Pancras Station team, in the role of Store Manager. Our Store Manager will continue the tradition of delivering a world class experience to the customers of Fortnum & Mason.
Our Store Manager will report directly to the Satellite Stores General Manager and will lead the smooth retail operation of this site, as well as provide effective management of a combined retail & hospitality team. As an individual, you will facilitate the delivery of the high service standard expected of a luxury retailer, in order to exceed the Fortnum & Mason customer experience.
You will deputise for the Store Manager, as well as support and effectively communicate with the St Pancras team. Further to this, this will include working closely with internal and external stakeholders, including those from our other store locations.
Working a 7-day shift pattern (five days a week 9 hour shifts, covering shifts between 6am to 10pm), we require a leader with strong managerial skills who possesses energy, drive and a determination to succeed, and who can clearly motivate others. You will create a well-managed, clean, safe working environment, maintaining a due diligence at all times.
In addition, we look for:
• A proven background at management level in retail
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Satisfactory level of computer skills to use our point of sales system
• Willingness to work a variable shift pattern
• Strong customer service focus when dealing with internal and external customers
• Energy to work in a fast – paced working environment
In return, we offer fabulous benefits:
• A competitive salary
• A generous store and restaurant discount of up to 40%
• Annual bonus of up to 5% of annual salary
• 28 days holidays pro rata (inc. bank holidays) and an extra day off for your birthday
• Defined development scheme to grow your career
• Monthly staff shop
• Excellent pension scheme
• Invitation to our annual staff party
• And because we value your service with us, we give you additional annual leave and incredible gifts once you’ve been with us for 5 years.
Those who can consistently demonstrate individual initiative within a collaborative team framework, thrive at Fortnum & Mason. If this sounds like you, and you’re ready for the next step in your luxury retail career, we welcome your application!