Fortnum & Mason is known around the world for its exceptional quality and service. For over 300 years, we have served the best of British and international produce to our customers in our Flagship Piccadilly store, and other famous satellite locations.
As Treasury Accountant, you will be maintaining appropriate accounting records and controls to ensure all treasury activity is accounted for and sales are correctly stated. You will also ensure cash shrinkage is appropriately identified, challenged and mitigated. Understand and report on our cashflow activity/requirements, drive improvements in liquidity and returns on cash held.
• Daily till and credit card reconciliations (Multi site, Online, Phone)
• Production of daily sales report
• Ownership of bank/cash postings and reconciliations to the financial system
• Reporting and management of all aspects of cash shrinkage ie cash shorts, charge backs
• Production of rolling cashflow forecast and foreign exchange planning
• Maximise cash returns on funds held
• Ensure appropriate controls exist to prevent cash loss and accurate reporting of income and sales
• Leadership, development and coaching of cash office team
• Ensure compliance with current accounting standards and internal procedures
Our ideal candidate will have:
• ACCA, CIMA or ACA part qualified or AAT qualified
• Prior treasury/cash management experience in retail
• Intermediate excel skills
• Flexibility and able to work under pressure to tight deadlines
• Good organisational and team working skills
• Strong communication skills and ability to drive change across departments
• Microsoft Dynamics 365 experience is desirable but not essential.
• Experience of leading a team/staff management desirable but not essential.
In return, we offer fabulous benefits:
• A competitive salary
• Annual bonus of up to 5% of annual salary
• A generous store and restaurant discount
• A subsidised staff restaurant which uses Fortnum’s ingredients
• 25 days paid holiday (excluding bank holidays) a year and an extra day off for your birthday
• Excellent pension scheme
• Defined development scheme to grow your career
• Monthly staff shop
• Invitation to our annual staff party
• And because we value your service with us, we give you additional annual leave and incredible gifts once you’ve been with us for 5 years.
Those who can consistently demonstrate individual initiative within a collaborative team framework, thrive at Fortnum & Mason. If this sounds like you, and you’re ready for the next step in your career, we welcome your application!